Sunday, April 29, 2012

Madagascar Cake


Phew that was a long fortnight back there ..... first it was my son's B'day ...I was busy making his cake ...then I was busy with my second cake order . That's right guys I have now officially started taking up orders for cakes !!!!
The theme I chose for my Son's cake this time was a Madagascar cake. I made a small cake since it was just family and close friends.



This is an Orange fruit cake with caramel filling and decorated with fondant icing. The cake by itself was lovely but the caramel filling along with the fondant  made it too sweet (even for my sweet tooth). Okay now lesson learnt !!! The figurines were all made out of fondant icing. I was happy with the outcome except for the "6" (Yes...yes... I know it looks like a big anaconda swirled up ).
Anyways my son just loved the cake and both he and his little brother finished all that remained the next day.





No comments:

Post a Comment