Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Spruce Up your Kitchen



I was feeling bored about my kitchen and why not I spend half my lifetime there (to which my Better half will  endlessly debate on ) so I decided to spruce it up a bit.

But left with that thought I didn't have a clue as to what to do. The Kitchen was not a place that you could decorate that easily.I was on the look out for inexpensive options. Plants were my first option cos they bring life to any place. I couldn't keep them on the floor since I had a toddler running about !!! So then came the "shelf thought".There was this beautiful blog Rang decor that I had come across and it was just what I was looking for. Went hunting for a writing slate immediately ( much to The Better Half's annoyance ).Now I've got a kitchen shelf to "try new creative arrangements".



Since half my time is in the kitchen my reminders board also had to go there. I got myself a cork board. I had this lovely table runner which Amma (Better Half 's) had stitched but it had a stain on one side. So (forgive me Amma) I cut out the good part and stuck it on the board. As simple as that.



Meet my mice friends. Yes I have mice in my kitchen (Take that frown off, they are just soft toys) !!! They are always on top of our bread box.


The Money plant is the most common of plants you'll find in every home. Its an easy to grow climber plant though mine doesn't get any higher than that.



Hope you are inspired to revamp your kitchen !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment